So Atari has launched a game called Pridefest. This is great. I hope. It’s one of the only LGBTQ games I’ve ever heard of. Here’s an article about it.
The game description from the play store:
Celebrate the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer) community with Pridefest™, an interactive social-simulation game that empowers YOU to bring joy and color to your city and friends! As Mayor, it’s your job to restore your city to its former glory by customizing shops, completing quests, making new friends, and running your own Pride parades. Choose your floats and navigate flamboyant parades in fun mini-games. The more creative and jubilant your parade, the more happiness you’ll bring to the city, and the more of the city you’ll unlock! Lead your parade with your own customizable avatar, join or form your own Club, and connect with other players to chat, visit each other’s city, or hang out in your town square.
• Customizable Avatar! Personalize your own avatar with different body types, skin tones, clothes and accessories; Use your avatar to lead your own Pride parade or join a friend’s parade.
• It’s YOUR City! Upgrade your LGBT Center and drab gray buildings into brightly colored businesses and houses, bringing more income to your city, and unlocking more of the city to explore. The residents of these buildings get sad over time, so it’s up to you to run parades by them to keep the party going!
• Be Creative! Create and launch Pride parades by designing your own flotillas, with tons of flamboyant and fun floats to choose from including bikers, LGBT flag-bearers, giant boom boxes, the Eiffel Tower and more.
• Complete Quests! Solve challenges to unlock new parade and festival supplies and receive in-game currency – keep growing until your city is bursting with color!
• Lead Your Parade! Swipe to navigate your parade through city streets and festivals in fun and addictive parade mini-games; Collect power-ups to alter gameplay, while avoiding roadblocks, construction sites, and protestors. The farther you run your parade, the more joy you’ll bring to the city!
• Share Your Pride! Robust social features include in-game chat, the ability to visit each other’s cities, and more. Meet people from around the world and build your own community of Pride!
• Be a Leader of Your Community! An innovative “Club” program allows players to join together to chat and interact on a huge scale. Send messages to your group via in-game billboards, get exclusive news, updates, and more.
Dear friends, please enjoy this exclusive and limited release. We are looking for your feedback to keep adding new features. And if you experience any problem with the game, please let us know, we’ll be happy to help.
I just installed it, I haven’t had a chance to check into it yet. It’s just nice to see that a game is out there that is made for us specifically!
- Book Giveaway Results:
- Betrayal had over 800 people enter the giveaway
- Faerie Queen had over 1000 people enter the giveaway
Congratulations to the winners, your books are on their way! And thank you everyone for entering!
Faerie Queen is officially available for Kindle this Sunday. You can still pre-order it until then. I hope you all enjoy it!